It doesn’t matter if you are a regular cleaner or a last-minute tidyer, there are a few simple tricks that can make it much easier.
Here are some easy and cheap hacks to transform your cleaning routine.
36 Home Cleaning Tips To Transform Your Life!
1. Repurpose dryer sheets
Dryer sheets can still work wonders around your home even after they have been used. These are just a few of the many things dryer sheets can do.
- Mirrors, bathroom/kitchen fixtures, and shower doors can cause buff water spots
- Take out the ring from the toilet
- Clean baseboards
2. A Stinky Garbage Disposal with Lemon
You can add a fresh smell to your kitchen by slicing up a lemon and running some small slices through your garbage disposal. This is a great trick to use before guests arrive!
3. Clean the Blender
Warm water and a small amount of dish soap should be added to the blender. Turn the blender on, and leave it to run for a few seconds. Rinse it with warm water.
4. Get rid of all traces of food and debris
Sponges can harbor bacteria, especially if left in the sink. Make sure to clean them often.
To get rid of bacteria, microwave the sponge for 30 seconds. It will still be hot so wait for a while before you pull it out.
To get your sponge clean, you can also place it in the dishwasher
5. Make your tile floors look like new again
After vacuuming the floor, get a bucket of water and some mild detergent. Then, use a rag to clean it. Next, scrub the floor. To ensure that you don’t leave dirt on the floor, make sure to regularly clean your rag and water.
A toothbrush is a great way to remove the stubborn spots. It will transform your life.
6. Clean the Baseboards
Use a dry rag or a broom to remove dust from the surface. Then vacuum the area. To remove dirt and dust, use a sock or wet cloth.
You will need a sponge or soft toothbrush to clean the baseboards. After you have finished washing the baseboards, use a damp cloth to get rid of any soap residue.
7. Unblock air vents
You will find that your vents have been clogged up for a while if you don’t check them often enough. This not only adds dust to the room but also prevents the air from leaving the room.
It’s easy to clean dust off your vacuum with a soft brush. To clean the vents, soak a rag in any cleaning agent and wrap it around a butterknife.
8. Use Vinegar to Get Rid Of Hard Water Spots
Vinegar can be a great remedy for faucets with hard water spots. This video will show you how it works.
9. Clean the Blinds
They are likely to be quite dirty if they haven’t been cleaned in a while. Here’s a quick solution:
Mix equal parts vinegar and water in a bowl. Use a sock for protection. To remove dirt and dust, dip the sock into the solution.
10. Baking soda is a great way to brighten and clean your laundry.
Add a cup baking soda to the wash, and your clothes will be even more brighter and cleaner.
11. Use salt to remove fabric stains
12. Clean Stainless Steel Appliances
Stains on stainless steel appliances are a constant problem. All you need to give stainless steel appliances a shine is a microfiber cloth or a soft cloth and some rubbing alcohol.
Olive oil can be used to clean stainless steel. This video will show you how it works.
There are many ways to clean stainless steel steal:
- To make the surface shine, use dish soap and water. Dry any wet spots with a towel.
- Spray WD-40 onto the appliance, then wipe it clean with a soft cloth.
13. Get rid of all the soap residue in your shower.
Although it’s not the most enjoyable way to spend your day, cleaning out the bathroom is necessary. There is an easy way to get rid of soap scum and grime from your shower.
Use half vinegar and half dish detergent to fill a scrubber. An old toothbrush or sponge can be used, and dipped in the same solution.
14. Use Baking Soda to Cleanse Your Couch
Baking soda can be used to remove lingering odors and stains from fabric.
Begin by sweeping the couch’s surface. Next, sprinkle baking soda over the areas you wish to clean. Let it sit for 20 minutes and then use the brush attachment to vacuum it.
15. Clean Your Computer (Safely)
You should not use certain chemicals near your computer or on it.
- Ethyl alcohol
- Ethyl acid
- Methyl chloride
Avoid using any paper products when cleaning your computer. Don’t use harsh chemicals. Never spray product directly onto the screen.
This is a safe and simple way to clean your computer.
- Use a microfiber cloth to clean the keyboard.
- To clean more difficult areas, use a cotton swab that has been soaked in vinegar.
- Use a microfiber cloth to clean your screen. Wipe it gently in a circular motion.
- If necessary, mix light water with vinegar.
16. Vinegar-free Clean Cloudy Glasses
To clean your glasses, all you need is a paper towel with a little vinegar.
17. Grease Stains Can Be Removed
Use four parts rubbing alcohol and one part salt to clean grease stains on carpets or other surfaces. Allow the surface to dry, then vacuum up any salt remaining.
18. Use a Lint Roller and/or tape to clean up dust, dirt and crumbs
You can use a strong adhesive tape, or a lint roll to remove dust, dirt, and crumbs from any part of the house, including lamp shades, drawers, fabrics, etc.
19. Use Toothpaste To Clean Sneakers
To make your white sneakers look new again, all you need is a toothbrush and some toothpaste.
20. Take out cabinet gunk
Make a paste of vegetable oil, baking soda, then scrub the cabinet corners with an old toothbrush.
21. Use vinegar, water and baking soda to clean a burnt pan
Add water to the pan and then add half a cup white vinegar. Bring the mixture to boil. Once it has boiled, turn off the heat and add two tablespoons baking soda. Allow it to cool for a while before you take it out of the oven.
22. Get small pieces of glass
Do not try to grab tiny pieces of glass with your hands. Instead, grab a piece bread and place it over the area. You should feel it pick up any small pieces that are stuck between your fingers and your feet.
23. Get rid of all the glitter!
Glitter is a nightmare if you love tidying up. There is a solution.
Play-Doh is a good alternative to glitter. To pick up the glitter pieces, you can use a ball or Play-Doh! If you don’t own Play-Doh, you can use sticky tape or something similar!
24. Make Your Rings Shine Again
First, avoid using household cleaners with harsh chemicals to clean your rings. Warm water, some dish soap, and a soft toothbrush are the best ways to clean precious metal rings.
Allow the ring to soak in the mixture of soap and water for between 10-20 minutes. Use a soft toothbrush and clean any traces of makeup, dirt or other debris.
25. Eliminate Common Household Stains
These will work well on carpet and furniture.
- Juice isBlot containing one teaspoon of dishwashing liquid (such as Ivory), in one cup warm tap water.
- Gravy: Use Fels-Naptha soap to treat the item. Wash again if necessary. Do not dry the item until the stain has gone.
- To remove solids from mustard, use multiple applications of detergent solution. After stain has been reduced, rinse the solution and dry in direct sunlight.
- Lipstick: Use an acetone-based nail polish remover to clean your lips. Next, use the detergent solution to clean your skin.
- Use water to clean wine. Try the detergent solution if stain persists. Red wine can be treated with three percent hydrogen peroxide.
26. Unclog a Drain
You don’t need to buy expensive cleaning products. To unclog your drain, all you need is vinegar and baking soda. You can see the process in action by watching the video below.
27. Get new sneakers
Sprinkle some baking soda on your sneakers to keep them fresh. Then, when you are ready to wear them again outside, tap it.
28. Use a Toothbrush to clean the bottom of dirty sneakers and cluts
To remove any dirt or mud that doesn’t come off with water, run hot water on the soles of your shoes.
29. Clean the Microwave
It’s easy to make your microwave shine again.
To prevent boiling, combine equal parts of vinegar and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Next, turn it on high for between 5 and 10 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes, then open the microwave and wipe the inside with a sponge. Voila! You can clean your microwave without using expensive and often ineffective cleaners.
For a fresh and clean scent, you can add lemon to your mixture!
30. Clean Your Dishwasher
Your dishwasher won’t be able to clean your dishes if it isn’t in good condition. It will last longer if it is in good condition.
There is an easy way to get rid all the food debris, grease, and soap scum.
Get some baking soda, white vinegar and a dishwasher-safe container. These are the steps to making your dishwasher shine again.
31. Clean Stove Knobs and Grates
Put them in the dishwasher They will look brand new when they come back!
32. You can clean a cast iron skillet and make it last longer! )
33. Magic Erasers for Pretty Much Everything
Magic Erasers can clean almost any room in your home, even:
- Converse shoes (white sides & tip)
- Shower curtain liners
- Toothbrush holders
The brand-name Mr. Clean sponges can be purchased at dollar stores, as well as cheaper off-brand versions that work almost as well.
34. You can even remove red wine stain from a wall
Yes, occasionally red wine can end up on white walls. Magic Erasers can also be used for this!
35. Accelerate the Clothes Drying Process
Don’t be in a rush and dry your clothes too late. To absorb some moisture, you can put a towel in the dryer. If you are concerned about towel fuzz, simply turn your clothes inside-out while they dry.
36. Use Your Vacuum Attachments!
As you move through your house, dust the blinds, vents and cabinets with vacuum attachments. This is a great way to clean up the house before guests arrive. These attachments will make it easy to complete the job quickly!
What are your top home cleaning hacks? Leave a comment!